Skilful adviser for property, foreign-owned and unusual businesses
Myfanwy advises her clients on tax, accounting, audit and commercial issues.
She helps them to identify and solve their problems. She is particularly good at saving money and time by improving business systems and structures.
For property businesses – from individuals buying their first property to groups of companies with large property portfolios and overseas companies who own property in the UK:
- Providing financial advice when they purchase, sell or lease investment, development, trading, retail, commercial or mixed-use properties
- Structuring their deals so they are tax-efficient which requires careful planning as there are many different taxes which affect property transactions (e.g. SDLT, VAT, CGT, capital allowances and corporation tax)
- Planning the method for taking money out of deals so they are worthwhile
- Explaining the financing in a way that works for each individual client
For overseas clients who trade in the UK (with or without finance departments in the UK):
- Handling all their accounting and tax in the UK
- Explaining the UK tax system to them
For renewable energy, high-tech and other unusual businesses
- Structuring their finances and tax in the way that works best for their business, including bespoke arrangements
- Identifying and recommending ways to save tax, like Research and Development Tax Credits
For audit clients who want to improve their business:
- Examining their business and processes while performing the audit
- Identifying potential efficiencies, improvements and problems (e.g. improving the sales ordering system and identifying fraud risks)
Myfanwy is absolutely convinced that the best way to resolve any business problem is to combine commerciality, intelligence and innovation together with a healthy dose of “plain English”.
Maths graduate from Imperial College
Myfanwy joined BKL in 2001 after graduating from Imperial College with a Mathematics degree. She is one of the happy band who passed their ACA Accountancy exams on their first attempt.
She was appointed a partner of the practice in 2010.
In 2017, Myfanwy won Women in Finance’s Accountancy Leader of the Year award.
Writer, speaker and blogger about accounting and property
Myfanwy contributed to and featured in How to Make Partner and Still Have a Life, a guide to creating a successful career in professional practice.
She has been interviewed about corporate culture and social media for accounting practices by Economia magazine.
She has blogged about press articles, particularly property stories, for BKL. She has also spoken at a property briefing for Longmores Solicitors.
Welsh kick-boxing a cappella singer
Outside work, Myfanwy loves to keep active by running and kick-boxing.
She sings and performs as part of an award-winning a cappella chorus – proving that you never can take Wales out of the girl.
“BKL devised a unique online repository system for key documents, accessible to their team and ours … saving days of administration each quarter, and office-space by working remotely … delighted!”
“BKL are very approachable and willing to go out of their way to provide clear advice on complex issues.
Myfanwy Neville’s enthusiasm on capital allowances is infectious, and she and her team deliver commercially focused advice on property taxes.”