Non-resident and non-domicile services

A complete UK tax service to non-resident and non-domiciled individuals

If you are moving to the UK or investing in the UK, you’ll want to to ensure that you are tax efficient whilst remaining fully compliant with UK law. We can advise on the best structures to put in place.

We can also advise on internationally mobile executives and employees and the various tax breaks that exist for those coming to work in the UK.

We have a particular specialism in structuring the purchase of UK commercial and residential property, and dealing with all compliance issues that result.

For the more sophisticated investor, we can advise on the use of trusts and foundations and other more esoteric structures for tax planning purposes.

For more information or help from one of our tax specialists, please contact us using our enquiry form.

You can also find out more about our services to international clients.

Immigration from Hong Kong to the UK

In January 2021, the UK Government opened the Hong Kong British National (Overseas) visa for applications. If you are thinking about using a BNO visa to move from Hong Kong to the UK for work or study, understanding the UK tax system’s complexities will make this process easier.

We can give expert guidance on a range of areas, including:

  • Selling or renting a Hong Kong property after moving to the UK
  • Notifying HMRC of your status
  • Tax reliefs and exemptions
  • Inheritance tax
  • Excluded property trusts

Geraint Jones

Partner, Private Client Tax

T +44 (0)20 8922 9354
E geraint.jones@bkl.co.uk

View Profile

    My enquiry is regarding:

    Name: (required)

    Company name:



    Email: (required)

    How did you hear about us?

    If 'Other', please tell us more:

    Please provide further details of your enquiry:

    To protect this form from SPAM requests, please enter the text shown.


    * By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.