Webinar: Share Buybacks – Tax Planning and Pitfalls
At our tax webinar on Tuesday 18 June, Anthony Newgrosh and David Whiscombe delved deep into the hidden mysteries of the world of share buybacks.
Although the principles are well understood, there are a significant number of pitfalls for the unwary which can convert a 10% CGT rate into an income tax liability at 38%.
The discussion included:
- The key conditions for capital treatment
- How to satisfy the trade benefit test
- Mismatches between income tax and CGT recognition
- Company law requirements
- Clearance and notification obligations
- Tax efficient alternatives
Webinar slides are also available.
Our YouTube channel has recordings of our previous webinars.
To ensure you hear about our future webinars and events, subscribe to our mailings.