Would you like to download our mobile app from the App Store?Download
If you are the executor or administrator of a large, complex estate consisting of multiple assets and investments, we can reduce your administrative burden.
Delivered by BKL Probate LLP, our probate specialists can collect the money due to the estate, pay the taxes and other debts and distribute the estate to the beneficiaries at the earliest possible date for you.
Administering the estate efficiently and cost-effectively
Our probate services can support you in your role as executor or administrator by handling the paperwork on your behalf.
Alternatively, you can appoint BKL Probate LLP as an administrator and we will manage the whole process for you.
Either way, we will support you through every stage of probate, including:
- listing and valuing the estate’s assets, including joint assets – bank accounts, investments and property
- listing and quantifying the estate’s debts – credit cards, utility bills and loans
- applying for probate (if there is a valid will which names executors) or Letters of Administration (if there is not)
- preparing and filing the inheritance tax return
- collecting the assets of the estate
- settling the debts of the estate
- preparing a detailed estate account showing monies received and paid and proposing a distribution of the estate to the beneficiaries for their approval
- distributing the estate monies to the beneficiaries
Tax, investment and insurance advice – if your circumstances have changed
Our tax and wealth management specialists can provide the advice you need on:
- personal tax – if you have inherited income-generating assets
- investments – if you have inherited a lump sum
- term life insurance – if you need to arrange extra financial protection for your children until they are 18 or 21
Full estate planning and probate services
You can provide financial and practical support for your family so they receive the greatest benefit from your estate with BKL.
- advise you on estate planning and inheritance tax
- write your will to reflect that advice
- act as administrator
- provide probate services and distribute your estate to the beneficiaries
What our clients say
‘Ours was quite a complicated probate as a trust was involved in addition to other factors.
BKL were extremely kind and patient in liaising with me during the initial, consultative stages. This was very much appreciated and gave the family much reassurance that we were in good hands.
The team’s kindness and professionalism continued throughout. We felt they were a great team, always sensitive to our situation, helpful, kind and on hand to clarify matters when necessary.
The process was managed efficiently and in good time, taking just over a year and this was also appreciated.
We would have no hesitation in recommending BKL.’
For more information or help from one of our tax specialists, please contact us using our enquiry form.
Information on our fees for probate services is available.