If you are the Executor or Administrator of a large, complex estate comprised of multiple assets and investments, BKL can reduce the administrative burden on you.
Our probate specialists can collect the money due to the estate, pay the taxes and other debts and distribute the estate to the beneficiaries at the earliest possible date for you.
Administering the estate in a timely and cost-effective way
BKL’s probate services can support you in your role as Executor or Administrator by handling the paperwork on your behalf.
Alternatively, you can appoint BKL as an Executor or Administrator and we will manage the whole process for you.
Either way, we will support you through every stage of Probate, including:
- listing and valuing the estate’s assets, including joint assets – bank accounts, investments and property
- listing and quantifying the estate’s debts – credit cards, utility bills and loans
- applying for Probate (if there is a valid will which names executors) or Letters of Administration (if there is not)
- preparing and filing the inheritance tax return
- collecting the assets of the estate
- settling the debts of the estate
- preparing a detailed estate account showing monies received and paid and proposing a distribution of the estate to the beneficiaries for their approval
- distributing the estate monies to the beneficiaries.
Tax, investment and insurance advice – if your circumstances have changed
Our tax and wealth management specialists can provide the advice you need on:
- personal tax – if you have inherited income-generating assets
- investments – if you have inherited a lump sum
- term life insurance – if you need to arrange extra financial protection for your children until they are 18 or 21.
Full estate planning and probate services
You can provide financial and practical support for your family so they receive the greatest benefit from your estate with BKL.
- advise you on estate planning and inheritance tax
- write your will to reflect that advice
- act as Executor or Administrator
- provide probate services and distribute your estate to the beneficiaries.
For more information or help from one of our tax specialists, please contact us using our enquiry form.