If you are considering acquiring another company, it is important that you are aware of the company’s true value and that you fully understand any associated risks, as such risks will remain with the company and cannot easily be passed back to the sellers.
Potential risks could lie in the company’s accounts, finances, taxation, commercial viability as well as any HR risks.
Our advisers will examine the target company in accordance with a scope we will agree with you so as to give you the level of comfort you require concerning the risks you’ll be assuming. We’ll discuss the outcome of the examination with you. We will give you the facts in plain English so that you can make an informed decision.
If our advisers find that the risks are too high and the deal does not stack up, we will tell you. The final due diligence report will provide you with the information you need to start planning the integration of the target company with your current business.
Our due diligence services include:
- Financial and taxation due diligence to identify risks such as unrecorded liabilities
- Commercial due diligence to address the viability of the target business
- Other due diligence areas such as HR, insurance etc
- Making sure the deal is properly structured
- Ensuring the target business is worth what you’re prepared to pay for it
- Providing you with a final report
For help with financial due diligence, please call us to arrange a consultation via our enquiry form with one of our corporate finance advisers.