Serviced offices, business centres and managed office space
Although this is a niche area, it has a number of interesting (but complex) tax and accounting issues. Our specialist team has expertise in the issues that are important to you, including:
- Planning to be in the best possible position to obtain Entrepreneurs’ Relief when building up a serviced office business model for sale.
- Advising on the complex VAT issues associated with providing office space from landlord head leases.
- Ensuring capital allowance claims are maximised.
- Considering options in relation to saving Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT).
- Advising on the taxation and accounting implications of rent-free periods, lease premia, reverse premia, surrender premia, contributions from landlords or tenants for works to the property etc.
- Helping you set up efficient systems to run the serviced offices.
- Bank covenant reporting.
For more information or help from one of our property and real estate specialists, please contact us using our enquiry form.