Property and Real Estate
Advising on property and real estate has never been a more specialist area than it is today.
Few sectors exist where time critical, substantial transactions are entered into, with a wide range of options available for strategy and structure.
Legislative changes for taxing properties are introduced all the time. In this constantly evolving environment, it is more important than ever to get a specialist team on board to reduce jargon and navigate away from the pitfalls, while keeping the advice practical and commercial.
Our property and real estate team has built up a wealth of experience over the years, advising clients in the residential, commercial and retail sectors, from individuals to large corporate groups. 25% of our practice is property clients, and is the largest single industry sector in our client base.
On top of that, many of our non-property clients also seek advice from us on their property issues when moving premises or exiting old leases.
Our clients include:
- UK property investors: ranging from very large, long standing family property businesses to buy-to-let investors with a small portfolio of properties
- Overseas investors, who own UK property as an investment or for their own home
- Developers of commercial and residential property: including specialist activities such as student accommodation
- Construction industry
- Business which own or lease property for their business
- Serviced offices, business centres and managed office space
- People who own property as their own home
A high number of our staff specialise or spend a significant amount of their time advising on property issues. They have experience of all taxes relevant to property transactions and ownership. As well as income and corporate tax specialists we have experts who cover property VAT, SDLT and Inheritance Tax.
If you would like to know more about UK’s system of taxing property please visit our property tax technical pages. To see how we can help you with your property needs, visit our services pages.
For more information or help from one of our property and real estate specialists, please contact us using our enquiry form.
You can also find out more in our property brochure.
BKL is pleased to be a member of the British Property Federation.