Enthusiastic and pragmatic tax adviser to people and businesses
David specialises in corporate, international and shareholder tax, though he is always happy to act as a sounding board on any tax issue that people or their businesses may be facing.
David enjoys working directly with business owners, and other tax and finance professionals, to help them achieve their objectives in a tax-efficient way while minimising the distraction from the day to day commercial activity.
Recent tax consultancy projects where David has been closely involved have included:
- Obtaining clearance for a cash extraction on a partial exit
- Restructuring and facilitating a debt refinancing
- A corporate demerger of a property business
- Tax support on share disposals, including review of the legal documentation (and presale structuring)
- EMI schemes
- R&D tax credits
- IHT/CGT planning for a landed estate
As part of his general interest in all things tax, David also passed the exam 2018 permitting accountants to represent clients on probate matters.
Tax expertise gained at top firms
With two decades of experience in senior tax roles at leading accountancy firms, David’s career has included Deloitte, BDO and EY. Before joining BKL in 2019, he was a tax partner at Haines Watts.
As BKL’s newest partner, David is looking forward to working with colleagues across the firm to share our collective tax expertise with clients in a variety of sectors.