Deal-maker, business valuer and expert witness
Daniel arranges corporate finance deals for owner-managed businesses.
Daniel is a partner in BKL’s corporate finance team. They arrange acquisitions, mergers, disposals, management buy-outs and management buy-ins of private companies in the £1 million to £50 million range.
They have a successful track record in completing transactions across a broad range of industries. Their services include:
- Preparing businesses for sale
- Preparing sales documentation
- Identifying potential third parties with whom to transact
- Making discreet approaches to third parties
- Marketing the opportunity
- Negotiating with third parties
- Finalising offers
- Drafting heads of agreement
- Due diligence (buy-side) or managing inward due diligence (sell-side)
- Advice on commercial, financial and taxation aspects of legal documents
- Project management
Daniel also provides business valuations of limited companies.
He is an experienced expert witness in the field of private company share valuations. He is a member of The Academy of Experts: his membership page can be found here. He has valued businesses for numerous reasons, including:
- Shareholders leaving or joining companies
- Supporting any form of litigation in which a business or shares in a company need to be valued
Oxford graduate with international experience
Daniel has been a principal at BKL since 2005. He joined the firm to head up the corporate finance team in 2002.
After studying Maths at Oxford University, Daniel qualified as chartered accountant with first time passes. He was also one of the early recipients of the Corporate Financier (CF) qualification.
Daniel trained with PwC, leaving as a manager in the assurance and business advisory services division after nine years. Although Daniel worked mainly in London, he spent two years in their Sydney office and some time in their Jakarta office.
From 1999, he worked at Triangle Technologies in Tel Aviv and Tokyo as a project manager. He raised private equity investment from Japan for Israeli high-tech businesses, searched for investment and strategic opportunities in Israel for Japanese trading houses and managed business development activities in Japan for Israeli high-tech businesses.
World-traveller, sports fan and former radio commentator
Daniel enjoys travelling. He has lived overseas for five years, worked in five different countries and visited over 35 countries.
He enjoys watching football, rugby and cricket. For 13 years, he was a renowned soccer pundit on a sports radio station in Sydney.
He spends the rest of his spare time with his wife, two daughters and son.