Would you like to download our mobile app from the App Store?Download
Dedicated and supportive specialist in academy and school audits
T +44 (0)20 8922 9264
Carly combines a proactive, personal approach with strong expertise in audits, in particular for academies and the education sector.
Throughout her career, Carly has focused on audit and assurance. After gaining varied experience at Grant Thornton – including the media, leisure and charity sectors – Carly joined the senior team at Landau Baker, where she played a role in tailoring the firm’s audit programmes for academies and schools.
As well as ensuring compliance with relevant accounting and auditing standards and ESFA guidelines, Carly oversees the efficient and supportive service that all education clients receive. This covers both compliance and advisory services, including:
- Accounts preparation
- Audit and regularity review
- CT600 preparation and submission
- Annual audit of End of Year certificate (EOYC)
- Annual Accounts Return (AAR)
- Certification of expenditure for certain grant funding
- Internal Scrutiny (Internal Audit) provision
- Conversion to academy status assistance
- Company secretarial services
- Financial procedures manual preparation/review
- HR and due diligence support
- Budget forecast return (BFR), land & building collection tool (LBCT) and gender pay gap reporting support
Carly became a director at Landau Baker in 2018 alongside Jake Lew, helping to build the team’s profile as education sector specialists. As the next stage in this growth, Landau Baker merged with BKL in 2023.
Netball passes and pilates
Outside work, Carly enjoys spending time with her young family, does pilates and plays netball for a local club.
See Carly in our webinar on academies trust 2023 updates: