Would you like to download our mobile app from the App Store?Download
This is an exciting opportunity for an accountant at manager level to join our Audit & Assurance team with a focus on property & construction clients. The role requires previous experience leading teams on audit and accounting assignments.
We know you have a lot to offer. That’s why we want to give you the freedom to thrive no matter who you are or what your background. We’ll give you the support you need to hone your skills and reach the peak of your career with stimulating work from high calibre clients, an open atmosphere and the freedom you need to succeed.
And because we’re based in north London with a well established commitment to flexible working, you won’t have to worry about a typical commute into the City or central London.
We’re open to applications from people who would prefer a part-time role to a full-time role.
About the opportunity
Property & construction is one of BKL’s key sectors and the single biggest sector in our client base.
Our clients include property investment companies, commercial & residential property developers, overseas investors and construction businesses. They include substantial UK property groups, many with overseas components or shareholders.
In leading their audits, you'll be doing more than ticking boxes. You'll be giving insights and adding value to growing and ambitious businesses.
As Property Audit Manager, you'll have opportunities not just to guide junior audit colleagues, and to learn from senior audit colleagues: you'll be collaborating with our property sector experts in other teams, including Advance Business Services (accounts & outsourcing) and tax consultancy.
- Managing a portfolio of property & construction clients
- Developing the portfolio – seeking new opportunities to grow it by providing other BKL services to the existing clients
- Growing the portfolio by supporting partners in winning new client work through tenders, proposals and introducing leads
- Managing a team of juniors and semi seniors, being accountable for their work and providing constructive feedback as you support them through their accountancy qualification
- Supporting partners and directors, acting as a support and first point of contact; assisting them with their portfolios and supporting their clients
- Building relationships with clients as a representative of BKL
We're looking for someone who:
- Is an accountant with experience in an accountancy practice
- Has worked on assignments in the property & construction sector
- Has completed their professional accounting qualification (ACA or ACCA) or has experience demonstrating their ability to thrive within the role
- Is technically competent across all areas of the audit file
- Is proactive in developing their knowledge through their own independent research, using internal and external resources
This role is particularly suited to people who like problem solving and a fast-changing environment. In all our roles, we value people who are happy to work independently while recognising that BKL thrives on teamwork. By using leading software, we make our clients’ lives easier and you will be at the forefront of this by welcoming technology.
If you are interested in a professional career and are able to make a real difference to our team and our clients, we’d be delighted to hear from you. To apply for this vacancy, please send a covering letter or email along with an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via this page.
Aptitude and psychometric testing will be part of our selection process.
In your application, please indicate whether you would prefer to be full-time or part-time in this role.
The start date of this role is as soon as possible.