Would you like to download our mobile app from the App Store?Download
We have a fantastic opportunity for a driven and creative individual to run BKL’s marketing activities. You will be planning marketing campaigns and putting them into action, as well as taking responsibility for team management.
You will liaise with all levels across the business, using your skills within a supportive, diverse team.
Having a broad general marketing background will be highly beneficial as this role encompasses a variety of exciting functions such as brand, website, email, social media, employer branding and communications.
You will take the lead on meetings and be able to drive plans forward. As well as this, you will be involved with the day-to-day management of the team.
You'll be working across these key areas:
- Providing input into the development of the marketing strategy for the sectors and services
- Putting the marketing strategy into action for the sectors and services
- Project-managing initiatives and campaigns, contributing from inception to completion and measurement
- Reporting on marketing activity and return on investment across the firm
- Working with our marketing director, and creative agency where necessary, to develop the BKL brand
- Working with our copywriter on the brand identity and messaging so this is reflected in all BKL’s communications – internal and external
- Developing our websites (bkl.co.uk and bkladvance.co.uk) to reflect our brand and our target audience, and to improve lead generation
- Continuing to improve our visibility on leading search engines through organic SEO and PPC
- Improving engagement across social media platforms
- Encouraging and helping colleagues across the firm to use their social media accounts and build their personal brands
- Focusing on improving read rates and lead generation
- Ensuring we have sufficient content for our key areas
- Linking our content into multiple channels
- Improving engagement with target audiences
- Running webinars and events with a focus on follow-up and return on investment
We enjoy helping and supporting each other, so every now and then we will need you to step out of your role and work on something that might not be in your job spec.
Key skills and abilities
- Experience in running integrated campaigns using multiple channels
- A good technical understanding of websites, CRM, marketing and business development models, event management, print process, SEO
- Project management experience
- Managing a team – ensuring the team are meeting their objectives and are guided and supported
- Previous experience in managing and mentoring junior colleagues
- Knowledge of GDPR
- Experience in a sector approach to marketing and how to go to market; finding new innovations, new routes to market, and spotting opportunities within the context of the brand
- Strong presentation, communication and writing skills
We want our people to be the best they can be. We can only achieve this if you are passionate about what you do. So, you need to genuinely care and take an interest in marketing, and the people and communities around you.
Our ideal marketing manager would be someone who:
- Can demonstrate experience in managing marketing programmes including inception, implementation and measurement
- Offers new ideas, with a vision for taking them forward
- Ensures that what’s been agreed is done on time, on budget and in line with our brand
- Knows when to act independently on agreed targets and when to ask for help and direction
- Is experienced in dealing with and managing people
- Applies knowledge gained in new situations / roles
- Is qualified at degree level
- Has the ability to work under pressure
- Is able to work independently and with a team
This role is particularly suited to people who like problem solving and a fast-changing environment. In all our roles, we value people who are happy to work independently while recognising that BKL thrives on teamwork. By using leading software, we make our clients’ lives easier and you will be at the forefront of this by welcoming technology.
If you are interested in a professional career and are able to make a real difference to our team and our clients, we’d be delighted to hear from you. To apply for this vacancy, please send a covering letter or email along with an up-to-date CV to email@example.com or apply via this page.
Aptitude and psychometric testing will be part of our selection process.
The start date of this role is as soon as possible.