Would you like to download our mobile app from the App Store?Download
We're looking for an analytical, diligent and confident Database Assistant to join our Marketing and Business Development team. This role sits at the centre of our client operations, ensuring that the data we rely on is optimised to enable BKL to grow our business and develop our people.
Ensuring that BKL’s data is well maintained and usefully analysed is essential to the Marketing and Business Development (BD) team’s role in supporting the business’s strategic growth plans and informing its decision-making.
Working closely within the team, while collaborating with other BKL colleagues across at all levels, you will play a valuable role in ensuring that our database and data reporting add value.
Having received private equity investment from CBPE earlier this year, we are on a high-growth path. This means that the opportunities available to you will grow and develop in line with the team and the wider business.
- Continually review and update records – both in response to colleagues’ requests and proactively – to ensure data is accurate and useful.
- Create reports (under the guidance of senior colleagues) that use data to measure the performance of the business – including our key sectors, individual colleagues’ client portfolios, pipeline of new work and marketing & BD campaigns.
- Highlight trends and ways to improve the quality of our data and accuracy of reporting.
- Become a trusted expert among colleagues in BKL’s CRM (Microsoft Dynamics 365) and Practice Engine databases.
- Understand GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and confidentiality within a marketing context to ensure that the business is kept compliant with statutory requirements and follows best practice.
- Build your autonomy over time; develop your ability to deal with database queries from colleagues without the assistance of senior database colleagues.
- Work with senior database colleagues to develop systems and procedures that support BKL’s strategic plans.
- Liaise with colleagues across the business to understand and fulfil their data needs.
- Have an active involvement in your own career development by discussing your goals and plans with your manager and other colleagues.
- Are educated to A-Level or equivalent.
- Have experience in data management, including maintaining records, responding to queries, and providing reports
- Have excellent attention to detail with the ability to maintain accuracy whilst working on multiple tasks with conflicting deadlines
- Have experience using a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database, preferably Dynamics 365
- Have excellent organisational and problem-solving skills to help find solutions to queries raised.
- Are able to communicate well and with confidence to a wide range of people at different levels within the firm, both verbally and in writing.
- Are proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel.
We know you have a lot to offer, which is why we want to give you the freedom to thrive no matter who you are or what your background is. You will have every opportunity to use your creativity in how you approach your work and the support to innovate.
Inclusion, diversity, and talent development are a fundamental aspect of who we are, and we welcome applications from candidates who share and champion these values. You will play an integral part in helping to make BKL a great place to work with a sense of belonging for everyone.
If you enjoy problem solving and a fast-changing environment, you will thrive in this role.
As in all BKL roles, you will be able to take a flexible approach: balancing independent work with teamwork, and remote working with time in the office with colleagues.
You can get an insight into life at BKL on this page or by browsing our social media.
We’re proud to be one of the few Certified B Corporations in the accountancy sector. In joining us, you’ll become part of a business that’s committed to balancing profit and purpose.
If this sounds like the role for you, and BKL sounds like the place for you, we’d be delighted to talk with you about the career you could build here. That begins with an application via our jobs portal...
Part of how we’ll get to know you, and make sure we’d work well together, is aptitude & psychometric testing during our selection process.
The start date of this role is as soon as possible... so we’re ready when you are!