Would you like to download our mobile app from the App Store?Download
‘We put our people first’ may not be something that you expect to hear from a firm of accountants and tax advisers. But we understand that doing this helps our business to succeed, our clients to flourish and our communities to thrive. We work together to make a difference. Here’s your opportunity to do the same.
Inclusion, diversity, and talent development are a fundamental aspect of who we are, and we welcome applications from candidates who share and champion these values. You will play an integral part in helping to make BKL a great place to work with a sense of equity and belonging for everyone.
We're looking for an organised, proactive and knowledgeable Accounts Manager to join our Advance Business Services (ABS) Team. The role will direct work on varied portfolios of clients whilst managing the client relationship. The Accounts Manager will need to be a point of knowledge for the team and will take an active role in the overall development and progression of your team.
Following investment in BKL from private equity firm CBPE this year, our growth will enable us to explore new areas as an organisation. As an Accounts Manager, you play a valuable role in managing portfolios of clients as we grow in size, number and profile.
- Direct work on varied portfolios of clients through a team of supervisors, seniors and trainees
- Manage client relationships
- Plan client work with technical competency in mind, ensuring that team members are appropriately matched to clients and that team members are provided with the right level of experience to aid their progression
- Assist the heads of department in the firm in putting in place departmental budgets, new initiatives and sharing technical knowledge with supervisors, seniors and trainees
- Take an active role in the overall development and progression of your team, yourself and BKL
- ACCA or ACA qualified (or equivalent)
- Able to communicate clearly with commercial skills, building a mutual understanding with clients about how BKL can support them and their business goals
- Able to prioritise tasks with resources in mind
- Able to support a team by applying strong interpersonal skills and intuition
- Forward-thinking and adaptable
We know you have a lot to offer, which is why we want to give you the freedom to thrive no matter who you are or what your background is. You will have every opportunity to use your creativity in how you approach your work and the support to innovate.
If you enjoy problem solving and a fast-changing environment, you will thrive in this role.
As in all BKL roles, you will be able to take a flexible approach: balancing independent work with teamwork, and remote working with time in the office with colleagues.
You can get an insight into life at BKL on this page or by browsing our social media.
We’re proud to be one of the few Certified B Corporations in the accountancy sector. In joining us, you’ll become part of a business that’s committed to balancing profit and purpose.
If this sounds like the role for you, and BKL sounds like the place for you, we’d be delighted to talk with you about the career you could build here. That begins with an application via our jobs portal...
Part of how we’ll get to know you, and make sure we’d work well together, is aptitude & psychometric testing during our selection process.
The start date of this role is as soon as possible... so we’re ready when you are!