Webinar: Share Disposals – Entrepreneurs’ Relief and Investors’ Relief
At our tax webinar on Tuesday 12 March, with the Finance Act 2019 now in the books, Anthony Newgrosh and David Simpson looked in detail at the revised rules on claiming entrepreneurs’ relief (ER) on a share disposal. They also looked again at investors’ relief (IR), now that it will become possible to claim the relief for the first time from 6 April.
The discussion included:
Entrepreneurs’ relief: the revised rules
- What’s changed and what hasn’t?
- Detailed look at the changes to the 5% test
- The new dilution relief
Investors’ relief: a refresher
- How does IR work?
- Outline of the qualifying conditions
- How does IR relate to the ER and Enterprise Investment Scheme provisions?
- Is it possible to claim both ER and IR on the same disposal?
Also available: webinar slides.
Our YouTube channel has recordings of our previous webinars.
To ensure you hear about our future webinars and events, subscribe to our mailings.