Webinar: Budget 2018 Musings
At our webinar on Friday 30 November, we dug into the nooks and crannies of the 2018 Budget, with the entire intellectual weight of the BKL tax consulting team available for incisive comment and a little bit of dry wit.
We set out to boldly explore the Finance Bill like no tax team has done before, with a promise not to mention Brexit (too often).
Our focus was the key changes announced by the Chancellor, including:
- Changes to Entrepreneurs’ Relief and the impact this may have on alphabet share structures;
- Revisions to the Main Residence Relief and Rent-A-Room (or not);
- Extension to the territorial scope of Capital Gains Tax;
- Enhanced Capital Allowances relief;
- Modifications to the Substantial Shareholdings and Research & Development tax reliefs.
Also available: webinar slides.
More Budget 2018 coverage from BKL:
- Budget 2018 summary
- Budget 2018 analysis
- ‘Devil in the off-payroll rules detail’ awaits contractors in 2019
- IR35 reform is Budget’s biggest revenue-raiser
- Budget 2018: The effect on SMEs
Our YouTube channel has recordings of our previous webinars.
To ensure you hear about our future webinars and events, subscribe to our mailings.