Be free to be yourself
This is an exciting opportunity for a fully qualified (ACA/ ACCA) accountant at senior level to join our Assurance team. The role requires previous experience leading teams on audit and accounting assignments.
We know you have a lot to offer. That’s why we want to give you the freedom to thrive no matter who you are or what your background. We’ll give you the support you need to hone your skills and reach the peak of your career with stimulating work from high calibre clients, an open atmosphere and the freedom you need to succeed.
And because we’re based in Finchley with a well established commitment to flexible working, you won’t have to worry about the commute into the City or central London.
You will work on a mixed client base with turnovers up to £100m in sectors such as property & construction, financial services and technology & digital.
Your role will include:
- Carrying out audit assignments and being responsible for every aspect of the file, from planning through to completion
- Working closely with managers and partners, assisting them with the submission of final (audited) accounts and tax computations within reporting and client deadlines
- Attending finalisation meetings with the client, where you’ll support BKL managers and partners in presenting the team’s findings
- Managing a team of juniors and semi seniors, being accountable for their work and providing constructive feedback as you support them through their accountancy qualification
- Building relationships with clients as a representative of the firm. You will be the ‘face of BKL’ whilst carrying out the audit and expected to exemplify our core values throughout
There’s early responsibility with plenty of client contact and the freedom to manage how you deliver.
What we’re looking for
You are a qualified accountant with experience in an accountancy practice and will have worked on numerous audit assignments across a variety of industries. You have completed your professional accounting qualification (ACA or ACCA). You are technically competent across all areas of the audit file and proactive in developing your knowledge through your own independent research, using internal and external resources.
This role is particularly suited to people who like problem solving and a fast-changing environment. In all our roles, we value people who are happy to work independently while recognising that BKL thrives on teamwork. By using leading software, we make our clients’ lives easier and you will be at the forefront of this by welcoming technology.
Ready to break free from the conventional?
If you are interested in a professional career and are able to make a real difference to our team and our clients, we’d be delighted to hear from you. To apply for this vacancy, please send a covering letter or email along with an up-to-date CV to email@example.com or use the application form on this page.
Aptitude and psychometric testing will be part of our selection process. During the selection process, we will want to have an insight in your exam track record of your current accountancy studies. The start date of this role will be as soon as possible.