Be free to be yourself
This is an exciting opportunity for two accountants at senior level to join our Advance Business Services team providing accounts and outsourcing services to clients. One of the roles will be a 12 month fixed term role to cover maternity leave. Both roles require previous experience leading teams on accounting and outsourcing assignments.
We know you have a lot to offer. That’s why we want to give you the freedom to thrive no matter who you are or what your background. We’ll give you the support you need to hone your skills and reach the peak of your career with stimulating work from high calibre clients, an open atmosphere and the freedom you need to succeed.
And because we’re based in north London with a well established commitment to flexible working, you won’t have to worry about a typical commute into the City or central London. We’re happy to receive applications for these roles from those seeking to work remotely.
You will work on a mixed client base with turnovers up to £10m in sectors such as property & construction, financial services and technology.
Your role will include:
- Carrying out accounting assignments and being responsible for every aspect of the file, from planning through to completion
- Working closely with senior colleagues, assisting them with the submission of final accounts and tax computations within reporting and client deadlines
- Supporting senior colleagues in finalising and presenting accounts and outsourcing information packages to clients, as well as liaising with clients directly
- Managing a team of juniors and semi seniors, being accountable for their work and providing constructive feedback as you support them through their accountancy qualification
- Building relationships with clients as a representative of the firm. You will be the ‘face of BKL’ whilst carrying out the audit and expected to exemplify our values throughout
- Working closely with senior colleagues on delivering outsourcing assignments periodically in a live cloud-based financial environment
There’s early responsibility with plenty of client contact and freedom to manage how you work.
Who we’re looking for
You are an accountant with experience in an accountancy practice and will have worked on numerous assignments across a variety of industries. You have completed your professional accounting qualification (ACA or ACCA) or your experience demonstrates your ability to thrive within the role. You are technically competent across all areas of the accounts file and proactive in developing your knowledge through your own independent research, using internal and external resources.
The roles are particularly suited to people who like problem solving and a fast-changing environment. In all our roles, we value people who are happy to work independently while recognising that BKL thrives on teamwork. By using leading software, we make our clients’ lives easier and you will be at the forefront of this by welcoming technology.
Ready to break free from the conventional?
If you are interested in a professional career and are able to make a real difference to our team and our clients, we’d be delighted to hear from you. To apply for either vacancy, please send a covering letter or email, clearly stating whether you are applying for the fixed term or permanent vacancy, along with an up-to-date CV to email@example.com or use the application form on this page.
Aptitude and psychometric testing will be part of our selection process. During the selection process, we will want to have an insight in your exam track record of your current accountancy studies.
The start dates for both roles will be as soon as possible.