Be free to be yourself
This is an exciting opportunity for an accountant at senior level to join our Advance Business Services team providing accounts and outsourcing services to clients. The role requires previous experience leading teams on accounting and outsourcing assignments.
We know you have a lot to offer. That’s why we want to give you the freedom to thrive no matter who you are or what your background. We’ll give you the support you need to hone your skills and reach the peak of your career with stimulating work from high calibre clients, an open atmosphere and the freedom you need to succeed.
And because we’re based in north London with a well established commitment to flexible working, you won’t have to worry about a typical commute into the City or central London. We’re happy to receive applications for these roles from those seeking to work remotely.
You will work on a mixed client base with turnovers up to £10m in sectors such as property & construction and technology.
Your role will include:
- Carrying out accounting assignments and being responsible for every aspect of the file, from planning through to completion
- Being the first point of contact for day to day interaction with clients with regard to analysing their management accounts and data to help them make real time management decisions.
- Working closely with senior colleagues, assisting them with the submission of final accounts and tax computations within reporting and client deadlines
- Supporting senior colleagues in finalising and presenting accounts and outsourcing information packages to clients, as well as liaising with clients directly
- Obtaining an in depth knowledge of our clients businesses and their business needs, introducing other BKL service lines, as appropriate, to assist in their growth and development.
- Managing a team of juniors and semi seniors, being accountable for their work and providing constructive feedback as you support them through their accountancy qualification
- Working closely with senior colleagues on delivering outsourcing assignments periodically in a live cloud based financial environment
There’s early responsibility with plenty of client contact and freedom to manage how you work.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone who…
- Is an accountant with experience in an accountancy practice
- Has worked on numerous assignments across a variety of industries.
- Has completed their professional accounting qualification (ACA or ACCA) or whose experience demonstrates their ability to thrive within the role.
- Is technically competent across all areas of the accounts file
- Is proactive in developing their knowledge through their own independent research, using internal and external resources
The role is particularly suited to people who like problem solving and a fast-changing environment. In all our roles, we value people who are happy to work independently while recognising that BKL thrives on teamwork. By using leading software, we make our clients’ lives easier and you will be at the forefront of this by welcoming technology.
Ready to break free from the conventional?
If you are interested in a professional career and are able to make a real difference to our team and our clients, we’d be delighted to hear from you.
Please send a covering letter or email along with an up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via this page.
Aptitude and psychometric testing will be part of our selection process. During the selection process, we will want to have an insight in your exam track record of your current accountancy studies.
The start date for this role is as soon as possible.