Making your cash management smarter
Having money in the bank is good, but could you be managing it better? The UK cash market is reportedly worth £2.3 trillion. Two-thirds of that is held by five banks, with the majority earning less than 0.5% interest.
Do I need cash management?
It’s worth thinking about how you manage your cash if you are:
- Fed up with low interest rates from your bank
- Worried about having too much cash in one bank, which could limit the compensation you receive under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)
- A finance director under pressure from the board to make your company cash work harder
- Retiring and want a safe home for your money for a while
- A business owner who is planning to sell
- Wanting to protect money for a tax bill in 6, 12 or 18 months’ time
- A property developer with staging money you need to protect
- Looking to put savings aside to help with school fees for children or grandchildren
Whichever of these applies to you, it’s likely you’ve been put off actively managing your cash by the hassle of checking rates and opening new bank accounts.
The good news: with the right advisers, and the right technology, you can increase your interest, reduce your risk and manage your money better than ever before.
How we can help
Our wealth management team have experience helping a range of people, businesses, trusts and charities who find themselves sitting on large amounts of cash earning a low return or are simply not aware of their possibilities.
After speaking with you to gain an understanding of your situation, we will provide you with the best solution for you and show you how the latest technology can transform your cash management.
Tech that makes a difference
Our specialists will introduce you to Flagstone, a leading online cash management service.
Once we’ve helped you set up your portfolio on Flagstone, you can deal with all your money on this single platform, spreading your cash across different accounts but managing it all in once place.
You would no longer need to complete multiple applications, with all the associated time and trouble, to access market leading rates. You control where you want your cash and how you want it deposited.
With Flagstone at your fingertips, you will be able to:
- Maximise your interest income by choosing from more than 550 Sterling, Euro and US Dollar, instant access, notice and term deposit accounts
- Research, plan and manage your cash deposits, through regular alerts to make you aware of new rates and consolidated monthly and year-end statements
- Manage risk through diversification of your deposits across up to 35 banks and building societies, providing the opportunity for greater utilisation of FSCS protection and access to Flagstone’s financial strength scoring analysis
This video from Flagstone will give you more insight into this powerful, easy-to-use platform.
To find out more, please get in touch with us using our enquiry form. We’re looking forward to helping you explore smarter cash management.
The information contained within this communication does not constitute financial advice and is provided for general information purposes only. BKL Wealth Management shall not be liable for any technical, editorial, typographical or other errors or omissions within the content of this communication.
All wealth management advice will be provided by our affiliated FCA registered company BKL Wealth Management Limited.
BKL Wealth Management Limited is an appointed representative of Vintage Wealth Management Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. FCA number 593380.