Outsourced accounting – How to get more hours in your day
Imagine your ideal accounts department.
- Require almost no input from you?
- Be staffed by specialists with skills ranging from basic data entry to high-level management reporting and analysis?
- Keep your accounts in good order?
- File all your tax, VAT & payroll returns properly and on time?
- Help you to make sound business decisions by providing accurate, detailed management information?
- Only cost you money for the time you use them?
- Always be available regardless of holidays or sickness?
Well, this is exactly what you get when you outsource your accounts to BKL.
Let us look after your bookkeeping and accounts
You’ll be able to concentrate on sales and operations when we take care of your finances.
Our team of bookkeepers, accountants, payroll specialists and business tax experts can provide the flexible accounting services that your business needs.
You’ll find we respond efficiently and properly to every situation. Each year, we complete over 1000 pieces of work for more than 100 clients across dozens of industries. We’ve handled just about every accountancy matter there is.
Setting up your new business
Whether you are a UK start-up or a foreign business launching a UK subsidiary, we can set up all your finances.
We’ll register your business for tax, VAT (UK sales tax), payroll and at Companies House. We’ll help you set up your bank accounts. Within weeks, you’ll be ready to trade.
As your business grows, you can ask us to handle your bookkeeping and accounts too. Then, you’ll have the assurance that your finances are being properly run without the risks of taking on permanent staff.
Providing a full service off-site accounts department
You can ask us to take care of absolutely everything for you, including:
- The day-to-day finance and accounting:
- posting your invoices, payments and receipts
- checking and tidying-up your books
- preparing your management accounts
- running your payroll
- The monthly, quarterly and annual jobs:
- reporting into you with monthly or quarterly accounts and key performance indicators together with our helpful commentary
- submitting your VAT returns
- filing your tax returns with HMRC
- liaising with Companies House for annual returns
- The specialist accountancy matters:
- formatting your accounts so they can be consolidated with the accounts of your parent company or group
- partial exemption for VAT
- CIS returns for the construction industry
Providing a tailored service – what you need for the time you want them
You can work with us in whatever way suits you best by:
- Picking which services you need from our full services list
- Choosing how long you need them – permanently or temporarily (e.g. to cover for your bookkeeper who is on maternity leave)
- Specifying whether you want us to handle everything for you or work with your in-house accounts people
You can add or remove services as your needs change – without recruiting, redundancies or using temps.
For information on the apprenticeship levy introduced in April 2017, read our apprenticeship levy 2017/18 briefing.
For more information or help from one of our outsourcing team, please contact us using our enquiry form.