Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT) and the Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (ATED)
SDLT is a high profile tax in the property world, both from the perspective of failing tax avoidance schemes, and also because of the introduction of complex legislation applying penal rates of SDLT along with an annual tax charge on “Enveloped Dwellings”.
Our specialist real estate tax team is always at the forefront of any tax legislation changes. We digest, interpret and apply the regulations to give clear, commercial and expert advice relating to:
- Multiple dwelling SDLT relief
- Interaction of SDLT and VAT on the purchase/sale of a property
- Assisting with structures to reduce SDLT payable on a transaction
- SDLT on high value residential properties owned (“enveloped”) by companies or corporate structures
- Annual charges levied from 1 April 2013 on residential property over £2m owned by “non-natural persons”
Please also see our detailed briefing note setting out the significant impact of additional taxes on “high value” residential properties – if you think this will affect you, we would urge you to get in touch for a strategic chat, to see what we can do to help.
For more information or help from one of our property and real estate specialists, please contact us using the enquiry form below.