Audit, Tax and Business Advisory Partner
Adviser and statutory auditor for foreign and UK-owned businesses
Ian is a “one-stop shop” providing all the audit, accounting and tax services necessary for a business to operate successfully in the UK.
For foreign-owned businesses, Ian provides:
- Compliance with United Kingdom tax and statutory requirements
- Management reporting in the format required by the parent company
- Audits under United Kingdom companies’ legislation
For UK owner-managed SMEs, he provides:
- Preparation of statutory accounts for HMRC and Companies House
- Corporate and personal tax advice and compliance
- Outsourced management accounts and bookkeeping services
He specialises in the retail and services sectors.
Classicist, chartered accountant and audit compliance principal
After studying Classics at the University of Bristol, Ian qualified as a chartered accountant and statutory auditor.
He trained in a Top 12 firm in Central London and stayed on to become an audit manager. While there, he gained useful experience with larger clients, including public companies.
Since 2009, he has been a principal at BKL, having joined the firm as senior manager.
Ian is BKL’s Audit Compliance Principal. He is responsible to the ICAEW for the quality of audit work carried out by the firm.
Keen traveller and weekend walker
Ian has travelled in Europe, India, Australia and the USA. He visited Albania while it was still behind the Iron Curtain and thought it was strange but beautiful.
On weekends, he tries (not very successfully) to get fitter by walking in the Chilterns and Lea Valley.
Ian has been interested in ships and ferries since he was a boy, but he has less time to pursue this hobby than in his school days.