Senior Adviser, Capital Taxes
Elfed has 30 years’ experience as a tax adviser. He built this upon his initial career as a tax inspector with the former Inland Revenue, which followed his Mathematics degree from Cambridge and his postgraduate degree from UEA.
He has advised a wide range of clients at a varied selection of organisations. These include a Big Four firm in Cambridge, a boutique firm in London and a Top Ten firm in Northamptonshire. Elfed joined BKL in 2017.
Elfed specialises in providing capital taxes advice to landowners and family businesses in the rural sector. He supports farming families with estate planning, succession planning and the resolution of family disputes.
Areas where Elfed can help you include:
- Partitions of businesses and the tax-efficient partition of land holdings
- Transactions and business reorganisations and reconstructions, including for capital gains tax planning on the disposal of business assets
- The tax-efficient structuring of property transactions including the use of options, collaboration agreements and planning promotion agreements
- Planning for inheritance tax business property relief on portfolios of investment properties
- Other property issues including farm tenancies, minerals and renewables
Elfed is a member of the Country Land and Business Association. He is also a keen supporter of the charitable activities of the Royal Agricultural Benevolent Institution.