Audit, Tax and Business Advisory Partner
Adviser to UK companies, LLPs, partnerships and overseas businesses trading in the UK
David uses his broad advisory, audit and tax experience and strong technical know-how to help his clients to grow, restructure and expand their businesses.
He provides commercial advice on accounting, structural and tax matters and outsourcing services to:
- Mid-to-large corporate clients, including international groups and professional firms
- FCA authorised entities, including derivative traders and brokers, FX traders, insurance brokers and hedge fund managers
In addition, he also provides specialist advice to:
- Overseas businesses trading in the UK who require assistance with inward investment and repatriation of UK profits
- IT, cleantech and other fast-growing communications and software businesses requiring tax advice with employee incentive share option schemes and research & development claims
- solicitors, architects and other professionals who need structural advice on matters, including incorporation or LLP conversion
David is BKL’s own head of finance. He managed the conversion of BKL from a partnership to an LLP. Now, he uses his firsthand experience to assist other professional practices to manage and think through their own live issues.
Economics & Accounting graduate with a background in corporate tax
David graduated from the University of Leeds in Economics, before joining and qualifying as a chartered accountant with a Top 20 firm.
The experience he gained there in corporate tax, together with the complex tax issues within his existing client base, has proved invaluable to David. It complements his general accounting and advisory work.
Avid traveller, cyclist and armchair football supporter
David is married with three children who seem to be growing up far too quickly. One of his favourite reasons to take time away from the office is to travel with them. They have explored far flung destinations like Machu Picchu, Angkor Wat, the Amazon and the plains of Africa.
David cycles, walks and plays badminton to counter the effects of good food and socialising. He also cheers on North London’s finest football team.